BOTOX® or XEOMIN®
There’s been a persistent misconception over the years of BOTOX® and XEOMIN® being solely used on mature, aged skin that may present severe cases of wrinkling; even though it provides exceptional improvement at advanced ages, it can also provide phenomenal results and improvement on patients who choose to start in their 20’s.
THE APPLICATION OF ANY OF THESE PRODUCTS WILL DEPEND ON THE EVALUATION OF THE SPECIALIST.
There’s been a persistent misconception over the years of BOTOX® and XEOMIN® being solely used on mature, aged skin that may present severe cases of wrinkling; even though it provides exceptional improvement at advanced ages, it can also provide phenomenal results and improvement on patients who choose to start in their 20’s. It significantly improves the appearance of:
- Forehead lines (frontalis)
- Frown lines (glabellar, procerus)
- Crow’s feet (orbicularis ocullis)
- Bunny lines (levator labii)
- Smoker’s lines
It also provides preventative care to help avoid the formation of deeper lines. The formulation of BOTOX® and XEOMIN® allows for the temporary relaxation of certain muscles through the reduction of neurotransmission at the treated area. It takes 15 minutes on average to complete the treatment, and achieve a younger, fresh look with no downtime or discomfort.
BOTOX® Cosmetic is a prescription medicine that is injected into muscles and used to temporarily improve the look of both moderate to severe crow’s feet lines and frown lines between the eyebrows (glabellar lines) in adults.
- Softens dynamic wrinkles by relaxing overactive facial muscles.
- Effective between the brows, at edges of the eyes, on the nose, and forehead.
- Smooths worry lines, frown lines, crow’s feet, and bunny lines.
- Improves both vertical neck wrinkles and horizontal neck bands (turkey neck).
- Botox “Brow Lift”- can give the eyes a wider, more open appearance.
- Quick, 10-minute treatment.
- Minimal Discomfort.
- FDA approved.
We treat the following areas:
- Glabella (the area between brows)
- Smile lines (crow’s feet)
- Platysmal (neck) bands
The main advantage of botulinum toxin in terms of aesthetics is to reduce the visible signs of aging on the face, without, for example, the risk of undergoing surgery. Thanks to Botox we can hide the lines that are marked when we gesticulate the face in an abrupt and aggressive way because we will have smoother movements on the face and more impressive expressions.
- Number 1 non-surgical cosmetic procedure
- Softens dynamic wrinkles by relaxing overactive facial muscles
- Effective between the brows, at edges of the eyes, on the nose, lips and forehead
- Smooths worry lines, lipstick lines, frown lines, crow’s feet and bunny lines
- Improves both vertical neck wrinkles and horizontal neck bands (turkey neck)
- Botox “Brow Lift”- can give the eyes a wider, more open appearance
- Quick, 10 minute treatment
- Minimal Discomfort
- No downtime
- FDA approved since 2002
What is BOTOX® Cosmetic?
BOTOX® Cosmetic is the first and only FDA-approved prescription product that temporarily improves the appearance of both moderate to severe frown lines between the brows and moderate to severe crow’s feet in adults.
How does BOTOX® Cosmetic work?
When the botulinum toxin is injected, it blocks certain nerve signals that cause the muscles to contract, the muscles relax, which reduces wrinkles, this effect lasts approximately 3 to 6 months, then the muscles move again and wrinkles appear.
Wrinkles result from a combination of many factors. It’s not just about cellular changes, collagen depletion, or damage caused by free radicals. When you frown or concentrate, the muscles between your brows contract, causing your skin to furrow and fold. And when you squint, the muscles around your eyes contract and cause crow’s feet.
BOTOX® Cosmetic works beneath the skin’s surface and targets the underlying muscle activity that causes frown lines and crow’s feet to form over time.
Your doctor will inject BOTOX® Cosmetic into the muscles that cause frown lines and crow’s feet lines, temporarily reducing the activity of those muscles. The result is a reduction in the appearance of those lines.
What were common side effects seen in clinical studies?
Three percent of patients experienced eyelid drooping in the frown lines studies and 1% of patients experienced eyelid swelling in the crow’s feet studies. Other possible side effects include: dry mouth; discomfort or pain at the injection site; tiredness; headache; neck pain; eye problems: double vision, blurred vision, decreased eyesight and dry eyes; and allergic reactions. These are not all of the possible serious side effects of BOTOX® Cosmetic.
Which people qualify for the use of Botox?
Mainly to receive botox treatment, the patient must be healthy.
Some patients should not receive botox treatment for example:
- Patients with neuromuscular diseases such as; multiple sclerosis or myasthenia gravis
- Pregnant or lactating women
- Patients with muscle or facial weakness
- Ptosis patients (droopy eyelids)
- Patients with marked facial asymmetry
- Patients with skin diseases
- Patients under medical treatment (taking muscle relaxants or antibiotics)
How often is Botox applied?
The Botox effect ranges from 5-6-8 months. After this period, the lines that the person uses most with facial movements will begin to be slightly noticed and a new dose of the product can be placed.
Treatment Problem or Condition
Age Spots/Sun Damage, Fine Lines, Wrinkles
Results will become apparent within 3 to 10 days. Over the next 3 to 4 months the Botox® will gradually lose its potency. Most Botox® patients choose to maintain the treatment, having 3 to 4 injections per year.
Common side effects include injection site pain, bruising, or irritation, and eyelid swelling or drooping.